What We Do
The Lincoln County Cultural Coalition operates according to the Cultural Plan developed in 2003 and revised periodically as the coalition determines. We operate according to this vision statement:
The Lincoln County Cultural Coalition envisions a vibrant cultural life for all citizens. It shall engage citizens from all parts of the county to create and celebrate a dream of lifelong cultural experiences for all.
The Cultural Coalition was asked to develop a set of Priorities, Strategies & Benchmarks.
Priorities (to be addressed by Cultural Partners in making grant applications):
- Improve access to cultural experiences.
- Raise the level of cultural awareness for youth (pre-school through 12).
- Facilitate infrastructure improvements.
Priorities (to be addressed by the Cultural Coalition):
- Coordinate outreach, dissemination and promotion of information.
- Regrant to Arts, Heritage, and Humanities equally.
- Expand resources by seeking additional monetary and in-kind funding.
- Facilitate the coordination of cultural events in the county.
- Recognize cultural individuals or organizations for outstanding work with a “Cultural Recognitions Award”.
- Act as the primary advocate for Culture (Arts, History and Humanities) in Lincoln County.
There shall not be more than 21 members approved by a committee composed of the Executive Director of the Oregon Coast Council for the Arts, the Executive Director of the Lincoln County Historical Society, and representative of the Lincoln County School District, a representative of one of the libraries in the county and an at–large member — the latter to be chosen by the Coalition. Recruiting of new members shall take place on an ongoing basis.