LCCC Grant Information
The Lincoln County Cultural Coalition has received funds from the Oregon Cultural Trust. The Committee is seeking applications for funding from organizations and individuals (through sponsorship by a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization).
The goal of the Coalition is to implement the Lincoln County Cultural Plan that was developed through countywide participation in 2003.
Funds will be available this year to groups who will use these monies to implement the goals and objectives of the Cultural Plan.
The Committee is seeking applications for funding from organizations and individuals (through sponsorship by a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations).
Submitting a Grant Application
Applications are due July 31, 2012 (For projects occurring between September 15, 2012 – August 15, 2013).
To submit a grant application, please download the grant application form (MS Word format) and fill it out. When your grant application is completed, submit your grant application by uploading it to our website.
One of the following priorities must be addressed by applicants seeking funding:
- Improve access to cultural experiences.
- Raise the cultural awareness of youth (pre-school through 12).
- Facilitate infrastructure improvements.
How does the committee review a grant application? The committee uses the following considerations when reviewing a grant application:
- The project addresses one or more of the above Cultural Plan priorities.
- The goals are clearly defined.
- The project is innovative & imaginative & represents a new idea or furthers development of an existing program or project.
- The need for the project is clear and convincing.
- The budget is measurable and achievable.
- The specified activities are likely to lead to the desired results.
- The target population is clearly defined and the project is likely to have a positive impact on a significant number of people.
- The time frame/timeline of project is realistic and achievable.
- The plan to determine the success of the project is clearly stated.
- The applicant has provided sufficient matching funding.
LCCC will support only one grant to any individual or organization in a given year. (The only exception is for organizations which serve as fiscal sponsors for other individuals or organizations without 501(c)3 designation. In such cases, the organization will be required to demonstrate the independence of the organization requiring fiscal sponsorship.)
Applicants may request a one-time no-cost extension of a grant. Requests must be justified and received in writing by LCCC at least 1 month prior to the scheduled completion date. Applicants will not be eligible for an additional grant during a no-cost extension of a previous award.
LCCC does not fund: Refreshments, fundraisers for organizations, general operational funds, or grant writing costs.
Applicants are expected to obtain significant financial and/or in-kind matching support for grant activities. LCCC will not generally support the entire cost of a specific project.
For more information, please contact either Blythe Jorgensen, Grants Chairman (541-444-2218), email@example.com or Catherine Rickbone, Cultural Coalition Treasurer (541-574-2652), firstname.lastname@example.org.